Over the years there has been a tremendous increase in the number of Java applications & websites. It created an array of career opportunities for the tech enthusiasts. Reportedly, there are 9 million Java developers across the world. As per a popular job posting portal “Indeed” the average salary for a Java Developer in the US is $102,000. The platform provides around 700 job offerings for the entry-level Java developers, so despite being a newbie in the Java world, you can seize a phenomenal position to kick-start your career.
Also if we do a quick search on different job boards you would find there are almost 12000 java jobs on Dice
More than 30,000 Java jobs on Monster
More than 45,000 Java jobs on Indeed
The following chart represents the Java programming job openings in the United States based on salary:
Thus, it is evident that the need for Java developers is escalating at a higher pace which impels the Java aspirants to upgrade their skills and earn considerable salary packages.
Checklist of the Java Programming Skills one needs to Acquire
The only means to sustain in the cut throat competition is by upgrading your Java skills. The programmers are required to have a comprehensive knowledge of Java to attain top-level jobs. Moreover, they should be well-versed with these Java programming skills:
- Core Java
- Oracle database SQL and JDBC
- Service Oriented Architecture
- J2EE Framework
- Java based Web services
- Java Servlet Technology
- XML, X query, XSLT
Additional set of Java Skills one needs to attain to get the highest paid jobs in the market:
- Spring MVC
- Spring Core
- REST Web Services
- Spring boot
- Proficiency in Cloud Computing Technologies like AWS and Azure
Once you ace these skills, you can climb up the ladder of success in the programming world. Besides it creates a fair chance for you to be a part of renowned fortune 500 Companies
Reasons to Learn Java
Presently, Java plays a vital role in the spheres of back-end & Android mobile app development. The future of Java seems bright when considering the integration of modern language features. During its course of 20 years, Java has achieved several milestones and proven its mettle. From becoming the most popular open source programming language to evolving into an essential component for software and application development, Java has come a long way.
Let’s take a look at some of the major reasons to learn Java:
- Rich API-The fundamental reason behind the immense popularity of Java is its rich API. It enables programmers to develop an application using different technologies without the hassle to apprehend their internal implementation. Java provide adequate classes, packages, interfaces, that eases the development process.
- Java API can regulate a wide range of functions and procedures.
- Developers can deploy API for I/O, utilities, networking, speech synthesis, DB connection, XML parsing, etc.
- There are approx. 4,500 APIs accessible to the Java developers.
- Easy to Learn- Having a syntax similar to English makes Java an easy to learn programming language. It was designed to be easy to use, write, debug, and compile than the other programming languages. Once learned, Java can be used on numerous platforms. Programmers can run Java bytecode on any hardware that possess a compliant JVM.
- Creates ample of Job Opportunities- By gaining Java expertise the developers can acquire high paying jobs in the industry. The average salary of Java Developers in US is relatively more as compared to the developers of other programming languages which impel the budding programmers to learn Java. As per a survey conducted by Indeed.com, there are more than 30,000 job opportunities available for the Java developers paying above $100K each year.
Below is the graphical representation of the number of $100K jobs which appeared in the search results of Indeed.com for each programming language:
- Community Support- Java is a sole programming language which is omnipresent in nature. Our lives revolve around Java, from phones to setup box and even satellites, it is present far and wide. The value of Java is beyond assessment; therefore, it is backed by a robust online community which assists a broad range of Java users at a beginner, advanced and expert level.
- Object-oriented- Java follows an (OOP) object-oriented programming paradigm which enables developers to create reusable codes and modular programs. The central aim of OOP is to simplify software development by providing the concepts of Object, Class, Encapsulation, Inheritance, Abstraction and Polymorphism.
Guide to Learning Java
Now that you have perceived the advantages of learning Java, you must be eager to pursue it. So here are some tips that will guide you in the inceptive stage of Java learning:
- Command over the basics– It is a rule of thumb to start with the basics. If your foundation is weak, then your building shall collapse sooner or later, similarly if you have vague knowledge of Java, then it will impact your career. Hence, the best practice is to take professional assistance from Java experts like Synergisticit. We provide opulent Java courses in the IT recruitment industry that can transform a layman into a Java specialist.
- Write and Practice simple programs– Once you have mastered the basics of Java, the next step is to start practicing online. Put your newly acquired knowledge on a test. As a beginner, you may find difficulty in coding, so it’s better to work on simple programs initially.
- Emphasize upon JVM internals– It is essential to understand the value of JVM at an early stage of your Java learning as it is a pivotal part of Java Runtime Environment. To become a competent Java developer, one must learn the functioning of JVM system.
Java is a unique programming language that cannot be replaced by any other existent or upcoming coding language. Java provides multiple security features, dynamic coding, network-centric designing, that draws millions of software developers towards it.
If you also strive to enhance your coding skills and become a Java pro, then enroll into our java course training in california . Our course gives complete knowledge of Java. It covers basics of writing Java syntax, (OOP) Object Oriented Programming and Object Component Technologies and other advanced technologies needed to compete effectively in the technology Job market.
Considering the rising demand for Java developers, one can determine that Java is the most lucrative programming skill that you can develop with the right assistance. Both the short term and long term career prospects for Java Programmers are much better than programmers in any other programming language. It is the pathway to create a stable career in the booming tech economy. SynergisticIT – The best Programmers in the Bay area…Period!