To print from your HP printer you have to first of all set it up and then download the drivers. Here is one method for HP printer setup for windows.
- Ensure whether the USB cable is not in connection with the printer. If connected you have to disconnect it for HP Printer Setup for windows.
- In the windows taskbar, you can search for devices and printers. A window will open now. Now click and add a printer.
- The add printer window will open now. Press add local printer and then choose the printer port. Choose the existing port.
- Press the ‘Use an existing port’ and the printer and choose the printer port. Click next to install the printer driver window.
- In the manufacturer choose HP and in the printers choose the compatible alternate driver for the printer.
- Click windows update to choose additional printer drivers and if the printer is not found on the list.
- After choosing the printer select next. Then the ‘type the printer name’ page will open. The printer name text box will then show the name of the printer you have selected.
- If you prefer to select a different name then type it in the option ‘Type different name’. The process is complete. Now the printer sharing screen will open.
- Make the actions for choosing the printer if the printer sharing screen does not appear on the screen.
- Then Key in the unique share name for location and comments.
- Lastly, when the installation is over the screen will open now. The printer driver is now successfully in the printer.
You have to make sure to update the printer driver frequently for better performance every time. It will you to fix the bugs and other defects.