To make a career in fashion designing applying for a course is a must. A course in fashion design can help the candidates launch a career in fashion. The course gives in-depth knowledge about fashion and also the training required. The candidates completing this course can find many placements opportunities.
Fashion designing is a rewarding career option and there is a huge demand for talented fashion professionals in the industry. The candidates can apply for a course to make a career in fashion. One of the courses is – Bachelor of Design in Fashion Design. It is a four-year full-time course.
The course follows an industry based curriculum and helps the candidates to develop the various specialized skills. The bachelors course is one of the best fashion designing courses. The course offers teaching through theory, experiments, research, history and critical approaches.
The course highlights are as follows:
- The course teaches the candidates through a range of activities like visits by industry experts, guest speakers, educational tour to places of artistic characteristics and more.
- The course covers garment development, fashion design, technical design, styling, fashion history, marketing in fashion, fashion journalism and more.
- The candidates are taught management and team skills through various individual and group projects.
- The course includes personal development, fundamental skills, soft skills and more.
- The course offers special training in design and production through a fashion design pattern lab. The lab offers the latest design software and hardware.
- The course includes contests and forums and the candidates can show their work at these events.
Eligibility for the course
The eligibility for the course is 10 + 2 in any discipline or equivalent education recognized by the university.
The candidates completing this course can find jobs not only in the design studio but have options in fashion journalism, branding and marketing, event management, visual merchandiser, textile design and more.
The various career options are fashion designer, costume designer for film, fashion forecaster and fashion buyer, fashion consultant, fashion stylist for media, apparel production manager, fashion coordinator and more.
Skills training offered by the best fashion designing courses
The candidates are trained in the following:
• The candidates are given intensive training in hand skills like drawing, sketching, illustration and more. They are also trained in the software and hardware design tools.
• The candidates are given thorough understanding of design. They are taught from the fundamentals of design to the latest knowledge in design.
• The candidates are taught to develop a personal philosophy of design, understanding the sources of design and understanding the history of art and design.
The author is a blogger and blogs on the educational courses on various websites, Currently the author has discussed one of the best fashion designing courses. For more information check out itm.edu.