If your business relies on a call center for customer support or service, sales, or any other purpose, you already know that properly managing that call center is critical for your overall success. Managing remote call center employees may seem like quite the challenge, but there are tools that can make it easier, and they may save you a great deal of money, too. Here are some of the best tips for successfully managing a call center with remote workers.
Invest in the Right Software/PBX System
Your company’s choice of PBX system is at the very heart of your success. It’s important to find a phone system that is not only reliable, but also packed with the features you need to monitor and manage call center employees remotely. The most important things to consider when looking for a PBX provider include:
- When you choose to hire remote workers, you’ll want to be able to keep an eye on things no matter where you travel. Making sure you can access your business phone on any platform or device makes that easy and convenient.
- The ability to manage multiple locations. If your company operates in several places, you’ll want to be able to manage the voice service in all of them from one simple interface.
- IVR and call center functions. Your employees may all be in different locations, but your customers are still dialing into a queue. For this reason, make sure your PBX allows you to manage your call flow, queues, and even call recordings with ease.
- Reporting capabilities. The system should allow you to monitor any agent at any time, review that agent’s overall performance, and more. This allows you to provide feedback to your agents as needed for the best possible results.
- Cloud accessibility. Finally, choosing cloud-based services just makes things easier for everyone. It gives your remote employees access to the system from anywhere, and it allows them to easily reinstall programs and software in the event of a device failure, which reduces downtime a great deal. Better still, you can manage all your communications online with just a few clicks.
Things to Keep in Mind
Now that you’ve chosen the best possible software and phone system, you might find yourself wondering about the differences between managing call center employees in person and over the phone. The truth is that you should treat your remote workers the same as you would treat employees in person, and you should offer them the same coaching, opportunities, and even incentives.
Some of the best tips for managing a productive call center include rewarding your agents for outstanding performance, providing workers with the opportunity to collaborate and interact with other agents via messaging or text, using video conferencing for important conversations, such as performance reviews or disciplinary action, and inviting your customers or clients – the people your employees are serving – to provide their feedback.
In summary, effectively managing a virtual call center with remote employees starts with choosing the right cloud-based communication platform that gives you access to all the features and benefits you need. With that in place, it’s a matter of putting your managerial skills to work to monitor employees, provide feedback, and help them develop their customer service skills – just as you would in person.
Brightlink, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, has provided top-notch communications services to businesses nationwide since 2009. Their leading communications platform offers voice and messaging as well as cloud-based solutions and in-depth analytics. PBXCloud, one of the company’s flagship systems, was designed for businesses of all sizes, ranging from startups to corporate enterprises. Brightlink powers more than 35 billion calls and texts each year and offers some of the industry’s best customer support. For more information please visit https://www.brightlink.com.