Certificate attestation procedure
Certificate Attestation Procedure is the method of verification of the documents that confirm the authenticity or genuineness of the certificate as well as the certificate holder. There are several kinds of documents that people require for various purposes. The main reason to carry out this procedure is to approve their credibility.
Helpful tips for the process:
- It is a mandatory system for long term visas such as a visa for employment, study, residence, and similarly a few others.
- This process is tedious. It can take several weeks and can prove to be quite confusing. Hence, you might need professional assistance to guide you through this procedure step by step.
- If you fail to complete the Certificate Attestation process on time, there is a high probability that you might lose an excellent opportunity.
- There is no online process through which you can check the authenticity of the certificate for UAE.
- The UAE administration accepts the papers in only two languages, i.e. Arabic and English. Hence, if the documents are in any other language, they are translated first. There are professional agencies that assist you with the entire system.
- One can classify the documents into three categories:
Therefore, the process for each of the three kinds of certificates is different. The procedure for document attestation for Dubai undergoes minor changes after specific periods.
However, people have to follow a general procedure that is as follows.
1. Regional level:
Here, document issuing authority does the attestation. Generally, for personal records, it is done by the Notary; for educational papers, it is done by the issuing University or Board and for the commercial documents by the Chamber of Commerce.
The documents then move to the Nodal Department, previously known as the Human Resource Department (HRD) for the state attestation. You need to visit the HRD office in your state and fill the required form. That is to be submitted along with the necessary documents and a passport size picture. The HRD attestation procedure is the same for all states in India. It is only their names that are different. In India, this process is free of cost.
3. Central level:
Here, the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) which is situated in Delhiauthenticates the documents. The MEA will then provide a stamp on the papers. However, this process may take about one week. You can either apply directly or through some government-approved agency that will assist you.
4. Embassy attestation:
Embassy attestation or Consulate attestation is performed by the consular of the country you are visiting. The embassy officials imprint a seal on the documents that ensure that all your certificates are authentic.
5. Ministry of Foreign affairs:
For Gulf Attestation, there is an additional step. Following the embassy attestation, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) is the ultimate step. It is applicable mainly for the countries that are included in the Gulf Co-operation Council.
You can approach the authorities through attestation agents. It would be best if you chose agents who can be trusted with their punctuality and genuineness, which can be a little tricky. The certificate attestation process is simple if you understand these steps first and then proceed with full information.