Fruit cake is considered to be one of the refreshing and yummy cake. It is tasty as well as tasty at the same time. So try out this amazing and refreshing fruit cakes recipe at your home and make your loved ones feel astonishing with this amazing fruit cake. If you have no time for baking a cake then order same day cake online in Delhi
So first you need the ingredients to make this yummy cake.
Ingredients list –
- 40 grams of raisins ( 4 tbsp chopped)
- 30 grams of apricots ( 3 tbsp chopped)
- 60 grams glace cherries ( 6 tbsp chopped)
- 20 grams cranberries ( 2 tbsp chopped)
- You can choose any dry fruits of your choice.
- 20 grams citrus peels ( 2 tbsps chopped)
- 3/4 cup hot water or 180 ml
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 to 1 cup brown sugar ( 170 – 200 grams) or can use normal sugar also
- 1/3 cup melted butter ( about 80 ml)
- 120 ml apple juice or orange juice
- 100 grams nuts chopped ( cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour( maida) ( about 210 grams)
Steps to make the delicious fruit cake
- Chop all the dry fruits and nuts into small bits and keep the nuts separately.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all the raisins, apricots, cranberries and citrus peel.
- Take 3/4 cup of water and boil it. If using the whole flour then take 1.5 tbsps more.
- Now pour the hot water over the dry fruits and let them be cool for some time.
- When the mixture cools down, preheat the oven at 170 degrees for at least 15 minutes.
Next step –
- Add the brown sugar, vinegar, vanilla extract, orange juice, and melted butter to the fruit mixture. Stir everything well and mixed properly.
- Take another mixing bowl, sieve together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix up the flour well once again.
- Then, give a good stir to the fruit mixture before pouring it to the flour mixture.
- Make sure the fruit mixture is cooled down before mixing it to the flour.
- Mix gently with the help of a spatula. There will be no lumps and the batter should be smooth.
- Add the cherries and the chopped nuts. Gently give it a good stir and mix it well. Remember, do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pan and tap the pan twice so that the batter should set in the pan gently and equally.
- Keep it in the oven at 170 degrees and bake it for 35-40 minutes.
- Remember it all depends upon the size of the pan and oven temperature. If you are using 9 inches it may take 30-35 minutes.
- When the cake is done, to check whether it’s properly baked or not, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean then your cake is properly baked.
- Cool the cake in the pan for about 15-20 minutes.
- cool it completely before slicing, add some powdered sugar over the yummy fruit cake and serve it!