Cork flooring is one of the modern new types of flooring, which is distinguished by its practical design and original design. In home interiors, this material is popular and in demand, because it has advantages over other types of coatings.
What Is Cork Floor?
Cork is a natural and environmentally friendly material. It is produced from the bark of cork oak. To do this, select only those trees that have reached the age of thirty years. The material is made from the upper bark of a tree with high strength. It is thoroughly crushed, heated and then sent under a press. Raw materials for cork flooring are supplied from southern countries. As a rule, in shops, the big range of pith material of different shades and texture is presented. This will allow you to choose the option that is best suited to the selected room. This coating is suitable for any room: kitchen, hall, living room, corridor, etc. In our country, the popularity of using this coating in the interior is growing rapidly, because cork has not only high aesthetic qualities, but also perfectly retains heat. This is very important for modern apartments and country houses. The coating can be applied to the original drawing or photo, to imitate some types of wood, even exotic. Hardwood design Centre will help to make the interior elegant and unique.
What are the types of materials?
For the interior, you can choose two types of cork flooring:
- Adhesive floor. This coating is fixed with glue on top of the base floor. Tiles are sandwich panels of various sizes that can be combined. Thickness up to four centimeters. The basis of the coating is pressed cork, decorative veneer on top, varnished or vinyl flooring.
- “Floating” floor. It’s a board with a decorative coating of cork material. Boards are fixed with fasteners and clamped with baseboards. They can relate to a thorn-groove system and glue the seams. If the surface of the old floor allows, then “floating” floor can begin to lay directly on top of it, which simplifies the work.
Advantages of Cork Flooring
- Good heat retention. Waterproof flooring especially appeal to those who like to walk around the house barefoot or in thin socks. It is hot and soft to the touch compared to tile, linoleum and even wood.
- High “environmental friendliness”. This quality will appeal not only to people who love natural materials, adhere to a healthy lifestyle. Since there is no synthetic, toxic materials and components, the cork has hypoallergenic properties.
- This coating prevents the accumulation of dust. Allergy sufferers will again like this, and will also make cleaning less time-consuming.
- Cork has a high elasticity. Some are afraid to choose this coating, as they believe that there will be dents from the table legs, chairs. The material is made in such a way that it is difficult to deform.
- Good sound insulation. Many note this property. Coverage can help mute noise not only from neighbors. If you live with small children who love noisy, active home games, cork material will save your neighbors downstairs from the delivered discomfort.
- Long service life. Some manufacturers even give a warranty up to 10-15 years of service.