According to the The Henly Passport Index, who uses data collected from the International Air Transport Association, Japan currently has the most powerful passport in the world where its holders are able to travel to 189 countries visa free.
Singapore and Germany fell to the second place with visa-free access to 188 destinations.
In joint, third place are Finland, France, Italy, South Korea, Spain and Sweden with visa free access to 187 countries.
Japan and Singapore’s passport ranking increase was due to the fact that Uzbekistan lifted visa requirements for both Japanese and Singapore citizens which make it easier for them to travel there.
Below is the summary of the top 10 most passports in the world
- Japan (189)
- Singapore, Germany (188)
- Finland, France, Italy, South Korea, Spain, Sweden (187)
- Austria, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, United Kingdom, United States (186)
- Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Ireland, Switzerland (185)
- Greece, Australia (183)
- Czech Republic, Malta, New Zealand (182)
- Iceland (181)
- Hungary, Slovenia, Malaysia (180)
- Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia (179)